The rules of The Bluffs Campground have been adopted for your safety and comfort and for that of those around you. Please read and obey all rules and posted signs.
1. PLEASE OBSERVE OUR QUIET HOURS and please be considerate of your neighbors. Quiet hours: Sun - Thurs 10:00PM - 7:00AM, Friday 11:00PM - 7:00AM, Saturday Midnight to 7:00AM.
2. WATER and FIRES are not permitted except in the fire rings which are provided. Please do not move or remove fire rings. Only firewood is allowed to be burned (no trash). All fires must be extinguished before retiring at night or before leaving the site. Guests are asked to leave their campsite clean and fireplaces empty. No washing cars, campers or RV's. Dishes may be washed in the utility sink outside the bath house. Children must be accompanied by an adult when using the bath house.
3. PLEASE OBSERVE OUR SPEED LIMIT OF 5MPH. This is strictly enforced. All vehicles and visitors must register at the office.
4. ALL CHILDREN under 16 riding bicycles in the campground must wear a proper helmet ( this is not only a campground rule but the Maine Sate law) and observe the speed limit. Speeding downhill is not allowed.
5. QUIET pets, under control and on a leash at all times, are welcome. Due to state health regulations, no pets are allowed in the buildings or playground (certified serviee animals only). Please clean up after your pets and for their safety, do not leave them unattended. No more than one pets may be on a site. All pet owners must provide a copy of rabies shot record. Owners of disruptive pets may be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
6. TRASH containers have been placed throughout the campground for your convenience. There is also a dumpster down by the office.
7. OUTSIDE clotheslines will be permitted for beach towels and swimwear only.
8. Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children on any equipment. All children under 15 should be on their own site or accompanied by an adults after 10:00pm.
9. ALL campers and visitors must stop and register at the office. Each visitor must pay a guest fee at the office and an additional fee is charged for overnight visitors. Check-out time for day visitors is 9:00PM. If visitors are staying longer than 9:00AM the following morning, please re-register at the office and pay the additional fee.
10. Once a family is registered at The Bluffs Campground, no refunds are given for early departures.
11. Our trees are precious so PLEASE do not drive nails into them, cut them or deface nature in any way. You may use stretchy cord or rope to hang items.
12. We reserve the right to evict without notice any camper or guest who displays immoral social behavior, excessive profanity, drug or alcohol abuse or otherwise creates a disturbing atmosphere. NO REFUND will be made in the event of such eviction.
13. Check-out time is 11:00AM. If you wish to stay later or arrive earlier, please make arrangements with our office.
14. Vehicle passes must be displayed at all times. Only two vehicles are permitted on each campsite, space permitting. This includes boats and boat trailers. Additional vehicles must be parked in our guest parking area near the Lodge. Motorcycles may be ridden only directly in or out of the campground. No mini bikes are allowed to be operated in the campground.
15. Maine State Law prohibits anyone under the age of 21 from possessing or consuming alcoholic beverages, or for anyone to furnish alcoholic beverages to persons under age. State regulations allow alcoholic beverages to be consumed only at your site or other areas designated by The Bluffs Campground management.
16. MANAGEMENT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACCIDENTS, INJURIES OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We will not rent a site to anyone under the age of 21.
17. State law prohibits the discharge of grey water or sewage onto the ground.
18. Fireworks are not permitted in the campground at any time.
19. NO CHAINSAWS ARE ALLOWED
20. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground. There are receptacles and fire pits through out the grounds where these can be disposed of.
21. SWIMMING RULES: NO Lifeguard is on duty. Swimming and ALL water activities are at your own risk. No swimming is allowed after dark. CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
22. SITE REQUIREMENTS : 2 Adults and up to 4 Children under the age of 18 , plus 1 dog and 2 Vehicles are allowed per camping family.
Please note: Not every site can accommodate 2 Vehicles. Overflow parking is available across from the office.
23. ATV's are allowed on the property. You must obey all speed limits and you assume all risk and liability. Riders must obey all Maine State ATV laws include, but not limited to age and helmet laws. All ATV's must have a current and up to date registration.